Saturday, October 4, 2008

Eating like a big girl!

Brooklyn ate from a spoon for the first time today! She did a great job and made a big, hilarious mess. But that's half the fun, right? At first, I made the cereal the thickness called for on the box for "baby's first feeding." But that made it about the consistency about like the "nectar" she takes in her bottles. So she was sucking it off the spoon instead of taking bites. I thickened it up more and she started taking bites just like she had been doing it forever! She was reaching for the bowl if I took too long in between bites and ate all of the cereal that I fixed her. What a big girl!!!

9 comments:

Beth said...

What a cutie!!!
That is really great that she took to the spoon/solids right away. Eating solids really helped Adam's reflux and you can also get some additional calories in.
YAY, BROOKLYN! :o)

edie & ella said...

That girl likes her some cereal...
Thanks for that video....it was for sure the absolute cutest thing that I have seen today. She did a great job for her first time on the spoon.......you see how messy my girls get ......sam

Jennifer W said...

I just love it. Thanks for a smile today.

Cibele said...

OMG, she did so GREAT, much better than Lyla at her first time. She has great spoon skills aready. I can tell she loves the cereal. Try oatmeal. Lyla did not like the cereal with milk, I give her with some fruit (apple or pear sauce or bananas ) and she loves it. If she is allowed, try one time with fruit.
GODD JOB BABY

Carrie27 said...

It looks like she loves it! And she is doing such a great job for trying it for the first time.

Liz said...

Way to go, baby girl!!!

Sarah said...

She is so pretty!!! And such a big girl eating "solids" now!!

Kate said...

Woohoo! Solid food! :)

Anth said...

My kids have both been the same way with solids - they like it thicker than "first feeding." I always thicken up the 1st foods.

All photos on this site are copyrighted. Please do not copy, download, or reproduce them without permission.