Friday, September 19, 2008

The go ahead

Dr. A called me late yesterday afternoon. He had not talked to the gastroenterologist, but had talked to Dr. G2, the pulmonologist. Dr. G2 was glad that Brooklyn had gained some weight, but said that it did not change the fact that she needed the bronchoscopy. Because Brooklyn's breathing has not improved, he is concerned about some other types of airway obstructions/impingements/masses. With just plain old tracheomalacia, we SHOULD be seeing improvement or signs that it is going away by now, but we are not. All of those things Dr. G2 wants to look for sound really frightening, but I am trying to put them out of my mind.

So all plans for the surgical procedures will remain the same unless her breathing AND weight drastically improve this month.



On another note...a monthly visitor that I hadn't had to deal with in 15 months made an appearance at work today. I was not exactly prepared for that. Gah, I hate uninvited guests. I was hoping Aunt Flo would stay away until I was finished breastfeeding. I have not missed her in the least. Oh well.

10 comments:

MrsSpock said...

I hope for both your sakes that her breathing starts to improve on its own as well. I'd hate to see the little one go through that procedure.

Jennifer W said...

You need to come to TCH in Houston and stay on floors 10, 11, 12 or 15 and I will be your student nurse on Sundays. :o) They will figure this thing out - somebody will. I will pray for sooooooon. On another note - that damn Flo is a bitch and I never missed her either.

Sam said...

One of my friends is still breastfeeding her 18 month old and has not had a period yet. I hate her a little. With Chicken my period never let up when I was breastfeeding, and I don't expect it to this time either. *sigh* Too bad you're not closer, I could throw all my girly supplies at you!

I hope Brooklyn continues to gain weight and handles all the procedures well. I'm sending happy thoughts your way.

L.G. Reeves said...

1. I say let the doc take a look. Will give at least give you peace of mind.

2. On your friend....ICK, GROSS, why you gotta talk about that.

edie & ella said...

I guess on the bright side... you can get the test over with and have an answer.
welcome aunt flo....she stopped by here 3 months ago..no fair!!!

Rachel said...

That stinks. Mine returned while I was still nursing too.

Liz said...

Well, on the upside, at least you can look at your sweetie this month & say "well, you know you have at least 44 weeks til you become a father again". (cuz it didn't happen this month!)

Carrie27 said...

I hope that she continues to grow and that her breathing gets better so you don't have to go through all of this.

But, if you do, I pray it has the answers you all need to start helping B get better

Anth said...

Sorry abt the Return of the Period. That sucks.

And sorry that no one can figure out what's wrong with your adorable little girl.

KAYLAPEARSON.COM said...

Our on was born with esophageal atresia and tracheomalacia bronchomlacia laryngomalacia and atalectsis of the lungs along with trisomy 21. He is now going on 11 months old we are in and out of the hospital every week. I can relate to your issues that is for sure i hope things are improving, be careful the bronchoscopy can maker her airway worse than it already is if they are not careful and do it to many times.I wish you the best and you will be in my prayers if you need anything feel free to get a hold of me i have a web site at kaylapearson.com.

All photos on this site are copyrighted. Please do not copy, download, or reproduce them without permission.