Friday, January 23, 2009

Moving forward!

Brooklyn started crawling to me when I came home from work last night! It was so exciting! We know that she has been wanting to crawl for a while now, she just couldn't. Hooray for Baby Bear! She does a few strides forward and is working sooooo hard at it....you can tell by her breathing....then she sits up and puts her hands in the air and waits for us to say "Yippee! Yay, Brooklyn!"

She is so proud of herself. It's awesome to watch. And it's encouraging to see her hitting her motor milestones, even if she is behind on them. We were not sure that she would ever actually crawl. So this is great.


I think I have forgotten to post that Brooklyn also cut her first tooth on January 7, just a few days shy of turning 10 months old. And she pulled up to stand on January 17. This has been a HUGE month for her so far, and I couldn't be more thrilled about it!

I tried to post the video from last night of her crawling, but the computer isn't cooperating with me right now. I'll try again later...it's just too cute to miss :)

7 comments:

Hope said...

WTG Brooklyn! Great news!

Did you get the tucker sling we sent?

Sarah said...

It's like one day they decide to get teeth, take up crawling, and pull up on EVERYTHING!!!! Way to go Brooklyn!!!

Sarah said...

Oh, and Claire got her first tooth on January 7 too!!!! Are these little girls in synch or what!?!?

Jennifer W said...

Avelyn got her first tooth January 11, the second on the 12th and crawled on the 14th. Today she stood up by herself holding onto Kevin's leg. Why does it happen all at once? Aren't you so excited??

Beth said...

Yay, Brooklyn.... very, very exciting!!! :)

Carrie27 said...

She is going to start taking off now, that's for sure.

My daughter didn't start crawling until she was 9 months old, and then she was all over the place.

I can't wait to see the video, I'm sure she looks adorable.

MrsSpock said...

Crawling and a tooth-go Brooklyn!

All photos on this site are copyrighted. Please do not copy, download, or reproduce them without permission.